dinsdag 10 november 2009

She lives in a fairy tale somewhere too far for us to find

(Summer '09)

Woke up early. Was on time (for once). Decided to take the same bus as Step. Ended up too late. Decided to come back home.
So, here I am again. I have some work to do for school. Actually, it's a lot, or not. I don't really get the assignment? I have to work tomorrow from 9 to 6 and afterwards I have to go back to school to finish and discuss some stuff with my group. Srsly? It's gonna be a busy end of the week with work, school and 2 concerts (which I'm very excited about) I might survive, I might not. If I do survive, I will post some pictures from both the shows.

Anyways, during one of our many cruises in the United States and Canada last summer, the guide mentioned something about a Frank Gehry building. Luckily Step was quick enough to snap a picture, while I was trying to figure out which building he designed. I, personally would never design a building like this, but on the other hand, it's fascinating. Especially the Guggenheim museum he designed in Bilbao, Spain. It's amaaaaaaaaaaazing. Just like the other Guggenheim musem by Frank Lloyd Wright in New York, which we visited. (I was superexcited, but my mom and Step were bored as hell -.-) I even purchased a book, postcards and a poster, which is hanging on my bedroom wall as we speak. Then again for every pro there is a con, the other 2 Guggenheim museums in Berlin and Venice are, in my opinion, not that amazing. Ugly is the right word, I guess.

Here are some amazing Frank Gehry buildings:




Geen opmerkingen: